Saturday, August 4, 2012

Chickens Vs. Rainbows

The latest news story regarding gays has been the news story about the owner of Chick-fil-A, Dan Cathy, saying that he endorses "...the biblical definition of the family unit." Now, I have written about how tasty Chick-fil-A is because it is still new here in Hollywood and fucking delicious. Seriously, I know that this place is old to many of you but its still new to me. Their sandwiches make me J in my P's just thinking about them.

Cathy has been against same-sex marriages for years. This is not something we have just found out. Dude is religious and most religious people would prefer that you stick it in a woman or take it from a man. Don't you love how I can take thousands of years of hatred and simplify it so easily? Because that's seriously what it all comes to. What you do with your crotchal region can easily offend some people. Don't even get me started on where you put your mouth!

Lookin' at you, Lindsay.

Politicians have been picking and choosing sides in this fight between gays and a chicken joint. A Boston mayor Thomas M. Menino wrote "In recent days you said Chick-fil-A opposes same-sex marriage and said the generation that supports it has an 'arrogant attitude.' Now — incredibly — your company says you are backing out of the same-sex-marriage debate. I urge you to back out of your plans to locate in Boston." 

Should all Bostonians not get some scrumptious ass chicken because their mayor supports gay marriage? No. What if he hated that the owner of Burger King hated puppies? Would The King not be welcome? Isn't it illegal to stop any business from opening in your area because of their religious beliefs? Turns out it is, thank you very much 1st Amendment.

And Liam thanks the 2nd.

Everyone doesn't agree on stuff. I consistently disagree with the world. I'm on the bus writing this and looked out the window and saw a car I don't like because I disagree with its design and a girl wearing pants that don't fit which causes me to disagree with her clothing style. People are attacking Cathy's sexual orientation and speaking of his past relationships with men and saying they went "...beyond the bounds of friendship."

That sounds hot. That's a nice way of saying that Cathy has some gay in him. Or did at some point. But what does that have to do with great chicken and not eating it at Chick-fil-A? Cathy is just stating something that many others believe which is that marriage is between a man and a woman. Its in the bible, goddamn it! Rev. Billy Graham, not Superstar, had this to say. Which he shouldn't because his support of anything hurts more than helps.

And chicken hates being hurt. Fried? That's cool.

"As the son of a dairy farmer who milked many a cow, I plan to 'Eat Mor Chikin' and show my support by visiting Chick-fil-A." Then it was revealed that Graham's son and a "group" wrote that statement. This does not need to be a political issue. Its not. Its a religious issue and there is no way to win those. No one is going to walk away saying "Whoa, I totally didn't see it that way. My mind has been blown."

I still want to eat at Chick-fil-A. I don't want to go there and be screamed at for supporting a place where the owner doesn't like the gays. I just want to eat. Like I said previously, I don't know how the owners of the places I eat feel about issues that concern me. Is the creator of McDonald's a Nazi? Is Wendy's funded by shady men who fund human trafficking? I don't know and I don't care. Because I'm a dick.

I'm all about gay rights and want gays to get married and be just as unhappy as straight people are. Knock yourselves out. But don't make me feel guilty because I fucking love tasty chicken and pickles with more sauces than I know what to do with. What happened to letting people have their own views, whether you disagree with them or not? You cant be mad that someone doesn't have your view and then retaliate with violence or vandalism.

That. Happened.

No comments: