Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Show Me That Smile Again

Oh, that rascally Mike Seaver! Actually this is about the guy who played that character on the television show Growing Pains. Kirk Cameron has recently started a shit storm of…biblical proportions. Oh, I went there! He recently had this to say about marriage. Gay marriage in particular.

Marriage is almost as old as dirt, and it was defined in the garden between Adam and Eve. One man, one woman for life till death do you part. So I would never attempt to try to redefine marriage. And I don’t think anyone else should either. So do I support the idea of gay marriage? No, I don’t.

This is a song that’s been played for quite some time and a pivotal part of my plan to get Jesus to fall from the sky and explain most of the stuff in the bible or at least offer everyone a new version. Hell, even Windows updates every year!

People are upset with his views on gay marriage but I’m not. Just like everyone else on the planet he is free to be wrong. My views are not like his or millions of other people on this strange planet. I have no problem with gay marriage whatsoever. I do have a problem with people hiding behind a manmade book written thousands of years ago that plagiarized even older books to defend himself. He also had this to say.

The Eye of Sauron is always watching...

I should be able to express moral views on social issues. Especially those that have been the underpinning of Western civilization for 2,000 years — without being slandered, accused of hate speech, and told from those who preach ‘tolerance’ that I need to either bend my beliefs to their moral standards or be silent when I’m in the public square.

And he’s right. He can totally say whatever he wants about whatever he chooses. But like with most things in life, you have to be able to take the criticism that comes with what you say. A White person can run up and down Crenshaw Blvd. screaming the N-word all he wants. He’s free to do that. But eventually he will get his ass kicked. He speech was free and so was the ass whipping.

We live in a very sensitive society. If he just straight out said “Gay folks hooking up is fucking gross!” the outrage would be just as bad. He’s a celebrity (?) and the things they say hold more weight than what you or I say. Its science.

Science also calls this "sending mixed signals."

I spoke as honestly as I could, but some people believe my responses were not loving toward those in the gay communityCameron told ABC. “That is not true. I can assuredly say that it’s my life’s mission to love all people.

Unless you’re gay and trying to have the same rights as straight people. Seriously, how can anyone hold marriage as this sacred thing anymore? Gay people just want a damned chance to get it wrong like straight people have for centuries! You have people getting married two, three, and even four times. The vows of marriage sound nice but they aren’t real. “Til’ death do us part” usually means “Until you cant get it up anymore.

No comments: